Feb 1, 2011

Then, two months later...

Hey, folks - sorry for the delay in posting! I owe updates on December's cookie bake and on January's ingredient trio challenge. I am nearly above water with my other real (read: money-earning) projects, and promise to post incredible and thoughtful summaries of those events very soon.

A little behind!!
Meanwhile, to tide you over, I have a few goodies to share:
  • A science-based guide to the "best" way to season your cast-iron cookware. Two words: fat polymerization. Read about what that means to you at this neat article on Sheryl's Blog.
  • This spring, Delancey is opening The Pantry, a new space adjacent to their current space, designed for hosting small events or family-style dinners for up to 20 people. They will reportedly use the space in the summertime for kids' cooking camp (!). Even more interesting, once open, The Pantry will serve as the official drop-off point for knife sharpening services provided by (guess who?) our friend Daniel over at Epicurian Edge in Kirkland. Read the scoop here at Seattle Magazine.
  • I'm sure you've probably already heard of IFC's Portlandia, SNL regular Fred Armisen's take on the quirks of the Pacific Northwest. This ordering-chicken-in-a-restaurant scene cracked me up, and I think you'll see why! 


That's it for now - but I promise to post more KTC fun soon! oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment